At Stanley Grange Community Association, we want to offer the best possible support to the residents who live here and therefore we focus not just on what we do but why we do it. We are continually striving to improve, create more opportunities for our residents and build a thriving community where everyone has a life-fulfilling experience.
Stanley Grange is led by a board of dedicated, professional and experienced trustees who since 2015 have not only saved Stanley Grange from closure but also raised over £950k to begin an ambitious modernisation and refurbishment plan for the accommodations at Stanley Grange. Core to our work is our partnership with Future Directions, who provide care to all residents living on site.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team here at Stanley Grange.
Operations & Projects Coordinator
Preston PR5 0RB
£25 an hour – Part-time, Contract – Temporarily remote
Apply – link to https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/stanley-grange-community-association/operations-projects-coordinator/731587?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Overview of Role:
The role of the SGCA Operations & Projects Coordinator is to provide the following operational and project support to SGCA:
- To coordinate & facilitate the organisation and delivery of projects such as:
- Refurbishment and improvement projects for the accommodation at Stanley Grange
- Projects to improve the estate of Stanley Grange.
- Projects to develop and improve the activities that occur both on and off site at Stanley Grange.
- The coordinator’s role will be to liaise with all stakeholders involved in these projects and to facilitate their delivery to time and budget.
- To support the work of the SGCA trustees:
- To attend Trustee meetings, act as the Secretary of the meetings of the trustees
- To provide the Treasurer with simple monthly financial statements
- To organise and coordinate other key charity activities.
- To support the work of the SGCA Fundraising Team
- To file and keep track of the status of all applications; plus fostering our close relationships with our funding bodies.
- To support fundraising activities as and when required
- To develop a network of volunteers to work at Stanley Grange
- To support the Stanley Grange Family & Friends Forum and provide support to facilitate the success of the Annual Summer Picnic and Christmas Fair
This role is initially for six months, due to the current Covid limitations. It is part time – the equivalent of 2.5 days per week. It is likely that this would be made a permanent role if it works successfully. The postholder will, be able to work flexible hours to suit themselves but there will be the requirement to attend some trustee meetings and events at Stanley Grange that occur at weekends and in the evenings.
It should be noted that this is a new role in a new organisation: these duties and responsibilities are not prescriptive, and the job holder will be expected to work flexibly. Also, the job holder will have the opportunity to have a real influence on the ongoing development of the role.
- The ability to not only work on your own but also enjoy doing so
- Strong administrative, organisational and good computer skills (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web Site updates)
- Strong project design, and management skills and experience
- Excellent people and influencing skills
- Experience and skills in working with a range of charities and/or companies.
- Two referees for relevant work in the last 1-3 years
- To be able to work as a self-employed worker.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 17.5 per week
Application deadline: 12/03/2021
Expected start date: 03/05/2021